Tuesday, December 14, 2004

And the crowd went wild...

Well, our final Christmas concert is over. I'm happy to report that we had a fairly big crowd for a Sunday night, and that our music was very well received. We love singing at Holy Family because the audience tends to consist mostly of friends and family, and the acoustics are wonderful... so we always sound our best there.

I'm struggling to balance the feelings of relief (one more thing off my schedule and no more rehearsals till January) with the feelings of disappointment that it was over all too soon (didn't get a chance to talk to most of the rest of the folks, or to wish them a merry Christmas). We don't have to wait too long for our next season to start, though -- probably mid-January, give or take a week.

One of the pieces that our director is considering for next spring is Rutter's "Magnificat." I've owned the CD for a while, but just listened to it today. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! If we don't do it this spring, I hope we do it sometime just for the sheer joy of it.

Catstuff

I haven't seen Phantom around for a while. Usually s/he makes an appearance every other week or so, but it's been a while since my last occasional glimpse. I sure hope s/he's all right. (My around-the-corner neighbors are splitting up, and they've either taken all the animals with them or found homes for them all. I think perhaps that Phantom was one of their barn cats who did double duty in our barn.)

Knitstuff

I've finished the fuchsia bag and assembled it, and now it's ready to be felted. Boy, if only one could purchase spare time for Christmas! Anyway, I'll try to get to the felting by the weekend and see how it comes out. I have a gauge swatch of Kureyon that I want to felt too, just to see what happens.

No comments: