Friday, December 09, 2005

It's a Girl!



Aren't they adorable (albeit a little out of focus because they wiggled)? One of these beauteous Beardie babes will become the next puppy-in-residence here at Fuzzbutt Farm. This will be the first girl puppy (I've only had boys before now) and my eighth Beardie. It remains to be seen what the boys will think about the idea of having a new little sister.

This litter was born on November 3 during a real howler of a storm, so the breeders are planning to pick storm-related names for each of the puppies in the litter. I don't yet know who gets which name, and I haven't yet decided what our puppy's call name is going to be. Maybe I won't even know until I get to Wales and meet them all! I favor the one on the right in the back, but I don't yet know which puppy we're getting.

It's been a long time since we've had a puppy in the house -- 8 years, as a matter of fact. The last puppy to have come into this household was Charlie, and he's now gently referred to as a "senior dog" -- when he stops bouncing around long enough to listen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh they are all cute!!! I want more pictures!!!! I want to go play with all of them!!! And now that the FAA has relaxed the rules on what we can bring on the plane, I will bring my sweater...you think sock knitting takes a long time...I feel like I am knitting the endless sleeve.

Dale