Sunday, July 24, 2011

How to Be the Best at Practically Everything



Okay, I admit it. I've neglected this blog like an unloved houseplant. Instead of noisily observing my "6th blogiversary" with 24 hours of tweets and a full-press publicity blitz, I... wait, what was I doing? This blog turned 6 sometime in June, and even I missed it. But hey, vote for me for something! I feel as though I'm behind in my campaigning.

Not that I don't have a huge variety of excuses to apply. Here's the short list of things that have been going on since mid-March:
  • I finally healed up completely from spinal surgery and have been just fine ever since. There's a new dimple on the back of my neck, but otherwise, everything is business as usual.
  • Dinah and I are working through my handling foibles and ring nerves, but we've managed to finish two APDT Rally titles: RL1X and RL2. We have one leg toward the RL2X. I'm busy scanning the horizon for local AKC trials we can enter, since we've vastly improved our honor-exercise work for RE.
  • I finished up my first project at work and helped finish another one. 
  • Charlie turned 14. 14!
  • Greg is working on a CD of his piano improvisations.
  • It feels as though I've been working 8 days a week for a while now, between the upcoming National Specialty, website clients, my day job, and training classes. Sometime I'd just like to take a long vacation (more than a week, even) and just RELAX.  I'm thinking about Hawaii next January; my birthday seems like a good time to go someplace sunny.
  • The socks I've been knitting are in suspended animation until it gets cool enough again to pick them up without sticking to them.

I intend (in my mythical spare time) to send this blog to Blog Rehab and make a nicer skin for it. I'm tired of looking at this one. (hey, it was the first Blogger skin I made all my own self. It's time to move on, though.)

In the meantime, Dog Show Newbie and Shaggy Dog Stories have both been moving right along. If you'd like to enter a drawing for a Kong Squiggles dog toy, go visit Shaggy Dog Stories while this blog is in rehab.

2 comments:

Sue said...

It's good to have you back here. I'm finding it hard to keep up two blogs just now. I blame the heat. Why not?

Tell Dinah that Fudge would love to interview her, but tell her to watch out, he has an eye for the ladies and isn't politically correct.

Sharon said...

Isn't it amazing how we once tended our blogs so carefully, and now they are an afterthought? I make the reading rounds less often too...but I like to catch up. Spinal surgery sounds serious, so I'm glad you're fine. And your computer hacking experience is sobering...everytime I think about changing all my passwords I get a headache. But you're right...it needs to be done. I'll do it. Really.